What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You retain control of your assets
- You can make changes as your personal needs change
- You may receive estate tax savings
How can I learn more?
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Virginia Commonwealth University* as part of your estate plan.
*Or an affiliated foundation for the benefit of VCU.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?